by Author Siggy Patchitt

Published on

You are here:

SEND ambition and expectation 3rd July 2015

Bristol Plays Music will be launching it's Inclusive Excellence Strategy "A New Ambition" at the Fast Forward Music Festival at Colston Hall on the 3rd July 2015. We would like all Fund C partners to come.

This will, essentially, be our Fund C strategy made public. As part of the Festival, we will be holding a seminar and debate/discussion on the future of SEND musical expectation and aspiration and would like to ask some tough questions of  Hubs, Venues, Schools, and other key elements of the progression environment which will determine whether England can become musically inclusive or not (cos it might not, you know...)

As both a Hub and a Venue, we want to be poked and prodded and tried and tested and we thought that it might be a good way to kick off the Fund C SEND Network that we're proposing. I'm aware that many of you are involved with the MEC national SEND group that met last month. I am currently discussing with Dick Hallam whether we can join forces on this date.

The festival will be showcasing some of the best local disability-led music and the British Paraorchestra will be performing in the main hall on the friday evening, so there will be some ground-breaking music to provide both context and counterpoint to the ground-breaking discusions.

So consider this a pre-invitation to the event. I will get something more formal together in the near future and email it out but I would like, ideally, to get the ideas of those focussing on SEND for how they feel this would be most useful to us all (length, style, focus, etc) so please do let me know your thoughts by reply.

All the best.

Sig.