Below are the key thoughts contributed to the discussion "How can effective cross–sector partnerships be created?"
Do we know who to approach?
- Which organisations?
- Who within these organisations?
- Who wants what?
- What do looked after children need?
- Wider community knowledge needed
- Local authorities have different barriers
- Identify barriers/obstacles first and then work out how to overcome them
- Buy in with individuals at all levels is a challenge
- Vital to know what’s ‘on offer’ from schools and local authorities
- The child’s need is key
- Inclusion is important – including young people and hearing their voice
- Different boroughs have different opportunities – they are not the same nationally, or even across boroughs within London
- Are all opportunities being accessed?
What support is needed?
- More information is needed!
- Information needed from bridge organisations from ACE (e.g. Artswork for the South East)
- Information directories are being built for different local authorities
- Info can be obtained from the Youth Music project search and also from the Music Mark website.
Please share what you think about how cross–sector partnerships can be created in the comments below.