Calling all music teachers and community music leaders! Give your young musicians the chance to perform as part of a large-scale orchestra on a world class stage.
The NOFA Modulo Programme, funded by Youth Music, aims to establish a teacher-led national network of NOFA Modulos that enhances ensemble music-making by 11-18 year olds in schools and communities in low-income areas and challenging circumstances.
The NOFA Modulo Programme aims to help music teachers lead a rewarding instrument ensemble for students of any instrument skill level who are keen in take part in music. We provide teachers with:
- Specially-arranged Modulo Music that flexibly caters to all ability levels
- Rehearsal plans and resources
- Two opportunities per year to come together with other schools involved in the programme to perform as a large-scale orchestra, once regionally and once nationally
We work with schools across London, the Midlands and the North West of England and so far, we've had the following schools and community groups sign up to take part this year:
- Oasis Academy South Bank, London
- Waterhead Academy, Oldham
- Kingsmead School, Cannock
- Westwood Academy, Coventry
- Cockshut Hill, Birmingham
- Petchey Academy, London
- Katherine Owen's Modulo, Coventry
- Slough and Eton Business and Enterprise College, Slough
- Simply Music, Staines
- Dagenham Park, London
- Oasis Academy Enfield, London
- London Academy, London
- School21, London
- Oasis Academy MediaCityUK, Salford
The NOFA Modulo Programme is creating an innovative body of shareable Modulo Music (repertoire) and teaching resources accessed via the NOFA Modulo Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) that celebrates the diversity of Modulo members, engages with the needs of music teachers working in challenging circumstances and provides a platform for professional shared reflection and feedback.
The NOFA Modulo Programme connects music teachers, music community leaders and their students working in challenging circumstances through regional and national Modulo Meets on online via the VLE.
For further details about how to get involved in the NOFA Modulo Programme, contact the Modulo Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.