Now in its 6th year, the Ingenium Academy is a thriving and growing international summer school for music which welcomes over 150 young musicians from 50+ countries each year. A three-week, residential, summer programme based in Winchester, England, we offer 14-18 year-old musicians from all over the world a unique musical and cultural experience. We offer exclusive tuition from world-renowned musicians, performances in London and Winchester and the opportunity to meet like-minded friends from all over the globe within our environment of creative excellence.
The Head of Music is responsible for the management of all musical activities at the Ingenium Academy. The quality and smooth running of every music programme at Ingenium is the Head of Music’s top priority.
The successful candidate will be:
- An effective communicator with experience in leading a small music department or team
- Confident, with knowledge of orchestral, choral, piano and saxophone repertoire
- Someone with a background in music administration / secondary music teaching / the arts
- Musical, with demonstrable ability to play or sing and thus understand musical terminology, rehearsal requirements and concert programming
- Able to lead a range of music ensembles
- An innovative thinker with the ability to think laterally and find solutions to problems
- A firm believer in the value of participation in music-making and passionate about music education and young people
- Someone who enjoys both working collaboratively and the challenges of leading a small and dynamic team
- Energetic and enthusiastic – the day-to-day schedule can be busy and demanding
- Resilient, with the ability to work well under pressure and manage time effectively
The principle purposes of the role are:
1. To oversee the Ingenium Academy’s music programmes
2. To work with all conductors, heads of programme and residential and visiting music staff to ensure smooth running and high quality of the Ingenium Academy musical activity
The dates for this position are July 17 to August 14
This is a residential role. Full board and accommodation are provided.
For the full job description and details on how to apply, please see: http://www.ingeniumacademy.com/media/files/1489483857head-of-music-job-d...