Now in its 6th year, the Ingenium Academy is a thriving and growing international summer school for music which welcomes over 150 young musicians from 50+ countries each year. A three-week, residential, summer programme based in Winchester, England, we offer 14-18 year-old musicians from all over the world a unique musical and cultural experience. We offer exclusive tuition from world-renowned musicians, performances in London and Winchester and the opportunity to meet like-minded friends from all over the globe within our environment of creative excellence.
The Head of Pastoral Care is responsible for the welfare of our young musicians as well as for our safeguarding policies and support of our pastoral care team. The welfare, safety, health and happiness of every student is the top priority of the Head of Pastoral Care. The Ingenium Academy’s approach to pastoral care is carefully considered to ensure that students have a sense of independence and freedom whilst knowing that they have the highest standard of care and guidance.
The successful candidate will be:
- Experienced and confident in safeguarding and pastoral care
- Knowledgeable regarding the legalities of child protection and safeguarding
- An effective communicator with strong supervisory and leadership skills - Someone with a background in the arts and / or secondary education
- Someone with senior pastoral care experience in a residential context - An innovative thinker with the ability to think laterally and find decisive solutions to problems
- A firm believer in the value of participation in music-making and passionate about music education and young people
- Someone who enjoys both working collaboratively and the challenges of leading a small and dynamic team
- A full driving licence holder with willingness to provide students with transport where required (vehicle can be provided)
- Energetic and enthusiastic – the day-to-day schedule can be busy and demanding
- Resilient, with the ability to work well under pressure and manage time effectively
The principle purposes of the role are:
1. To oversee the Ingenium Academy’s safeguarding policies which govern all young people and adults involved in our community
2. The provision of pastoral care, NSPCC Child Protection training and First Aid training
3. To uphold and enforce the Ingenium Academy’s ethos and school rules
4. To manage the pastoral staff team and maintain the overall welfare of the pastoral staff
5. To ensure the weekly pastoral rotas as well as weekend and evening activity programmes are effectively managed and administered
The dates of the job are: 17 July to 14 August 2017
This is a residential role. Full board and accommodation are provided.
For the full job description and details on how to apply, please see: http://www.ingeniumacademy.com/media/files/1489483816head-of-pastoral-ca...