Music Support Assistant to support the Lead Musician for a music making project for young people who identify as LGBT+ (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and other identities such as asexual, intersex, and questioning etc.) in Greater Manchester.
A fantastic opportunity to be part of Zhoosh, Tandem Theatre's new music project for LGBT+ (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and other identities such as asexual, intersex, and questioning etc.) young people in Rochdale, Salford and Wigan.
Tandem Theatre, who have extensive experience delivering participatory arts programmes for vulnerable adults and young people, are seeking an enthusiastic individual interested in pursuing a career in facilitating music making for community groups.
The role would:
- Support the delivery of the high quality, dynamic and inspiring music workshops
- Encourage the young people in their composition and performance
- Fulfill Tandem Theatre’s aims, mission and objectives
- Abide by the company’s policies and procedures
The following essential skills are required:
- To be happy to sing and use voice within an ensemble, and as a soloist if necessary.
- To have an interest in, and preferably experience of, working within a music composition workshop setting
To be a confident music reader and confident working with music notation, with keyboard, or other accompanying instrument (ie guitar, accordion) skills.
Payment: £50 per session as well as free mentoring sessions from an industry expert
Deadline for applications: 5:00pm 31st March 2017
Interviews to be held in Manchester over April
Please submit a CV and a covering letter to email@example.com and also use this address if you have any queries about the recruitment process. Tandem Theatre is committed to equal opportunities and we actively welcome applicants from diverse groups.
Registered Charity No. 1157001