We are seeking an experienced Music Leader, who is passionate about encouraging the musicality and music-making of children, to lead on our Youth Music funded Kámoši Music-Making programme starting in September 2017-July 2018.
This new, exciting post will deliver a comprehensive music offer for Eastern European Romani heritage and other local children living in Leigh (Wigan Borough). The project aims to build on and develop the children’s music skills, natural talent and enthusiasm.
The leader will have responsibility for planning and leading (largely) term-time based, group music-making activities for 35 Saturday-morning sessions, and at least 5+ public performances over the course of the year.
We are looking for a passionate and enthusiastic Music Leader with a talent/flair for working with and inspiring the musicality of children aged 5-12 years. You will need to be musically versatile and have the following essential skills and experiences:
- Music-Proficiency in at least two of the following: Piano/keyboard, voice, percussion, string, brass or wind instrument.
- Proficiency in composition and/or music arrangement.
- Ability to facilitate music-making across a wide genre of music making styles; including the following key influences: Eastern-European Folk, Balkan, Gypsy-Jazz, would be desirable, as well as Urban and popular genres.
- Ability to facilitate high-quality music education sessions within an informal community context.
- Proven successful experience of running sustained music-projects, workshops and activities with children.
- Co-ordinating the contributions of guest Music Artists employed on the project, as part of the sessional work.
- Ability to work as part of a mixed media arts team.
- Ability to plan schemes of work with a clear sense of progression.
This post will be subject to DBS Clearance procedures.
Music Leader Freelance Fee: £5,280
If you are interested in applying please complete:
- Application form
- Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form
- Where relevant, web links to examples of your previous work (unfortunately we are not able to return CDs or other hard copies of work submitted to us)
The forms are attached to download.
you can also visit: http://can.uk.com/whats-on/opportunities/
Please email the completed forms to : Mahboobeh@can.uk.com or through the post to:
Community Arts North West
Green Fish Resource Centre
46-50 Oldham Street
Closing date for applications: 5pm, Monday 7th August 2017
Interviews will be held on Thursday 17th August 2017 and
You will be informed of the outcome to your interview by Friday 18th August 2017
We positively welcome applications from disabled people and all sectors of the community.
CAN is an equal opportunities employer. Charity registration no. 277135