A network for adults who use music in their work in the early years sector in Northumberland and North Tyneside. The focus is the exchange of knowledge and skills between early years practitioners and music leaders. Engaging and useful CPD, networking events and an excellent online resource for all members.
20,000 Voices promotes, supports and develops participation in singing across Northumberland and the north east.
Our aims are to:
- Extend access to participation in singing
- Identify and respond to singing needs
- Act as a catalyst for the development of singing
- Engage people in the development of their singing skills and enjoyment
- Champion the benefits of singing
Set up in 1993 by the Mid Northumberland Arts group (MidNAG), the name 20,000 Voices was also a target – to reach out to 20,000 voices in 3 years. After only two years the target was exceeded. When we became independent in March 1998, the number of voices stood at 44,500… we’re still counting and currently our total is over 143,000. We celebrated reaching our 100,000th voice in November 2006, and we’re hoping to reach 150,000 voices in 2012.