The following report summarises the impact of the £9.2m investment in sustained music-making for children and young people in challenging circumstances by Youth Music in the financial year April 2014 - March 2015.
This was the third year of Youth Music’s current business plan (in place to the end of March 2016), which focuses on five key outcomes to be achieved. These are:
- Outcome 1: To be an intelligent investor in high quality music-making for children and young people who would not otherwise have the opportunity
- Outcome 2: To support organisations which transform the lives of children and young people in the most challenging circumstances, developing in and through high quality music-making
- Outcome 3: To support and embed high quality music-making in areas of greatest need
- Outcome 4: To improve the quality and standards of music-making provision through the facilitation of online and offline networking and practice-sharing
- Outcome 5: To be a sustainable organisation, able to diversify and expand music-making opportunities for children and young people