intro to follow
intro to follow
Click here for a text version of this visualisation
Partners and objectives
Surrey Children’s Services
Surrey Youth Service
Young Voices used many different approaches to engage children and young people, which included, Singing Clubs, Fundays, residential, one to one sessions and targeting key annual events (such as the Summer Party and the Oscarz awards ceremony). It was delivered in three strands, Primary age children, Young Leaders and Workforce development.
Main singing programme
Singing, rapping, beat-boxing and lyric workshops with performance opportunities for children aged 5-11, including Saturday sessions.
- Taster Sessions at the Summer Party
- Summer holiday taster sessions
- One-to-one sessions for looked-after children with disabilities
- Small Group sessions for a sibling group
- Saturday Sing Club
- Half Term Funday
Young people-led training for adults
Training and confidence building in singing and vocal work for social workers, foster carers and teachers, led or co-led by looked after young people.
Disabled looked after children sessions
Small group sessions for disabled children in a foster home and a residential home.
Young singing leaders activities
Training in vocal leadership for young people aged between 12 and 19 at a weekday session and at residential weekends.
- The Summer Party and Summer Holiday Taster Sessions
- Workshops leading up and performances at the Oscarz
- Young Vocal Leaders training
- Supporting Music Leaders in delivery to Primary Aged Children
The Oscarz Awards Ceremony
This was held in November 2010 specifically for looked after children.