We’re looking for young female music-makers (aged 13-18) to take part in an exciting music tech project at Sage Gateshead this August.
Explore the possibilities of sound, experiment with cutting-edge music technology and perform in a live showcase as part of the Great Exhibition of the North. This is a great opportunity if you’re looking to make music in new and innovative ways.
Led by an all-female team of amazing digital and sound artists from across the North of England (Afrodeutsche, Caro C, Mandy Wigby, Vicky Clarke) you will:
- Spend four days (Mon 20 – Thu 23 Aug) experimenting and creating new music using found sounds to create a unique ‘sound experience’
- Collaborate with other young musicians from the North East
- Showcase your work to a live audience at Sage Gateshead on Friday 24 August – as part of The Hexagon Experiment*
To take part you should be:
- Female, or identity as female
- Aged 13-18
- From or based in the North East – Newcastle, Gateshead and the surrounding areas
- Available between Mon 20 – Fri 24 Aug
Register your place at: https://making-waves.eventbrite.co.uk
Sign up by Wednesday 15 August
*The Hexagon Experiment is a six-part series of ‘Friday night experiments’ featuring live music, conversations and original commissions from pioneering women at the forefront of music, art and science. Part of the Great Exhibition of the North 2018.
This project is part of Both Sides Now – our initiative to support, inspire and showcase women in music across the North of England.