Led by early years music specialist and core London Early Years Music Network member Nicola Burke, this open access course will enable participants to provide musical opportunities for young children to enjoy in early years settings.
Presented in a workshop style, the course will explore ways in which music compliments and contributes to other areas of learning and development and will demonstrate how easily music provision can be developed without practitioners needing any previous musical knowledge or experience.
Participants will further their understanding of:
- Children’s musical development
- Creating enabling musical environments
- Songs to share and enjoy with babies and children
- Musical games and activities
- Observing and interacting with children’s musical play
- Creative music making activities – how to encourage and support composition
- Auditory environments, exploring Tune into Listening, an award winning free online resource that promotes active listening
- Documenting children’s music making
- Effective planning for musical activities and opportunities linked to the Early Years Foundation Stage- supporting all areas of learning through music.
Ideal for: early years practitioners, primary school teachers, freelance musicians, students, child minders and au-pairs. No musical experience necessary.