Information session about Sound Connections’ investment programmes.
Join us to learn about Innovate and Activate, our investment programmes for practitioners, grassroots organisations and Music Education Hubs!
Innovate is Sound Connections’ long-standing seed funding programme for individual practitioners and grassroots organisations in London to test out new ideas for working with children and young people through music (with turnovers under £100,000). Successful Innovate applicants will receive up to £2,000 and mentoring from Sound Connections to deliver a short project with children and young people aged 0-25 in London. Project will need to be delivered by end of March 2022.
Activate is our brand new programme for London-based Music Education Hubs to develop and embed youth voice in their work. Successful Activate applicants will receive up to £2,000, mentoring from Sound Connections and a free place on our Essential Youth Voice training course. Projects will need to be delivered by end of March 2022.
In this 90-minute session you will:
- Learn about the aims and purpose of Innovate and Activate.
- Get to know the application processes.
- Hear from past programme participants and learn what it’s like to be an Innovator or Activator.
- Meet new people and share project ideas.
This event is for practitioners and organisations working with children and young people in London. Attend if you are a practitioner working independently, a grassroots organisations with a turnover under £100,000 or a London-based Music Education Hub.
- 2:00pm – Welcome
- 2:10pm – Introduction to Innovate
- 2:25pm – Introduction to Activate
- 2:40pm – Breakout spaces for more detailed information about Innovate and Activate application processes
- 3:10pm – Small group breakouts for coffee, networking and project sharing
- 3:30pm – End