About The Music Works and why we need this role
At The Music Works (TMW), we work with young people aged 8-30 using music to transform their lives. We do everything from helping young people get started in music, to supporting emerging artists and running festivals and events.
Watch this video to get an idea of what we’re about.
In September 2021 we opened a new music hub in Gloucester. Click here for a virtual tour of our space.
You can see The Hub is an amazing space and we want young people coming to it, using our state-of-the-art facilities and all the programmes we have to offer. That’s where you come in. This role is all about engaging with young people through our social media channels. Right now, that’s Instagram & TikTok. You’ll be making and posting content that is varied and speaks to our audiences. You’ll also be scheduling content across our platforms, making sure there are plenty of posts going out, reposting tagged content and interacting and responding to young people on the platforms. Essentially, you’ll be creating a community of young people. You’ll also help look after our website.
We don’t care about your existing qualifications we just want someone who lives and breathes social media and is super creative.
This is an apprenticeship role, so 20% of your time will be spent on training and development (this will work out as 1 day a week). The Apprenticeship Learning Practitioners (National College Creative Industries) will conduct a ‘visit’ either remotely or on-site every 4-6 weeks to deliver training and review your progress. You will also get lots of training and mentoring from us. There will be a milestone review every 12 weeks to ensure that you are on track with your development. At the end of the 15 months, you will take an end point assessment and gain a level 3 qualification as Junior Content Producer (equivalent to 3 A Levels).
How to apply
To apply, please send your CV with either a letter or a video showcasing your creative skills, telling us about yourself and why you think this apprenticeship is for you. (If you are doing a video this could be in the form of a TikTok, Instagram reel or YouTube video).
You can be as creative as you like – this application is a chance for you to showcase yourself and your social media skills! Please send it all to email@example.com
Closing date for applications is Friday 22nd July.
Inclusion and diversity are at the heart of our work and we are an equal opportunities employer. We want to have a diverse team from many different backgrounds. If you need help with the application process, please let us know. If you would like to discuss the role beforehand then please email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a time to talk.
- Create and schedule content on Instagram
- Create a new TikTok account and make and post content on this
- Work with the marketing team to create inspiring “on brand” content for social media
- Maximise engagement of young people on our social media platforms, e.g. through Instagram Reels, Stories or Live etc
- Build TMW social media tone of voice on each channel, producing brilliant video content for Instagram or jumping on trends for TikTok
- Update our website with news, information, events and workshops
- Support the Head of Marketing with tasks such as ordering flyers/posters/banners and organising folders on SharePoint
- Work with Head of Marketing on paid social media ads to drive signups for workshops, studio bookings etc
- Report on the successes or failings of social media posts and provide suggestions to improve content going forward
- Be on top of new digital and social media trends around issues affecting young people, the music and creative industries
- Maintain good relationships with the wider TMW team, working with them to help raise awareness of their work through social media
- Be committed to putting young people at the heart of everything we do
- Be creative and resourceful, with a passion for all things digital
- Promote and comply with our policies and practices
- Responsible for undertaking training and personal development
We’re looking for someone who loves social media and wants to help us use our channels to engage with young people in a very real way. You should be confident and excited by making content for Instagram and TikTok, with a good level of knowledge on how the platforms work and how to use the different functions to get the most out of content.
We’re here to support young people in Gloucestershire, so we’re looking for someone local to us for this role.
If you love and understand social media and can create brilliant content- we want to hear from you!
Experience & Skills (You don’t need to have any formal experience or qualifications but the below would be helpful)
- Great knowledge and understanding of Instagram and TikTok and experience of creating content on these platforms.
- Ability to be resourceful and lead on projects.
- Lots of ideas on how to use social media to engage young people.
- Engaging writing skills
- Enthusiasm for digital media
- A passion for music and a belief in its transformational powers for young people
- Some experience of using content creation tools for design and video editing such as Canva
- Some experience in using a content management system such as Hootsuite, Sprout Social, Buffer or similar
Benefits of working for TMW include
- Lots of staff training and development opportunities
- Cycle to work scheme and a shower at work so we encourage you to be active
- Wellbeing and social programme for staff
- A really amazing staff team and culture