Want to learn new marketing skills? Eager to be part of a team? Interested in music? Then volunteer as a Music Ambassador for MMD 2021!
About this Event
Make Music Day is a celebration of music that happens on 21 June every year and it is the world's largest DIY music festival. Each year, over 120 countries get involved and we want 2021 to be the biggest celebration yet here in the UK.
To make this happen we are looking for Volunteer Music Ambassadors who are available in May and June to promote Make Music Day in their communities. There are loads of ways you can help spread the word about Make Music Day, even if you only have a day or two to spare!
This could include:
- Giving out our promotional materials such as leaflets and postcards in your local community centre, workplaces, schools etc. and putting up posters in places like village halls, community libraries and noticeboards
- Online sharing of Make Music Day posts, promotions, events and much more with your own networks and other other communities that exist on pages and groups in these spaces
- Organising local community 'What is Make Music Day?' meet-ups where people can find out in-person (online or offline depending on local restrictions) more about Make Music Day and how they can get involved
What to expect from the workshop
- Initial training in the marketing, digital and communications skills you will need to be a Volunteer Music Ambassador - great skills relevant for many jobs and volunteering opportunities
- Explore the ways you can help to 'spread the word'
- Together we’ll create a personalised Volunteer Music Ambassador plan that will outline the tasks you will undertake based on the skills that you have, the communities you have access to and the time you have available
- At the end of the workshop, you will have the confidence to get out there - online or offline - and tell the world about Make Music Day UK 2021
What happens after the workshop?
- You will get ongoing support from the Make Music Day UK team to develop your expertise further, and peer support from your fellow volunteers
- You will also be given the digital and physical marketing materials that you need to help us spread the word about the 21 June
Who is the Music Ambassador role for?
This role is suitable for anyone with a passion for music and community. You don’t need any specific skills or qualifications - we’ll provide you with all you need. As Make Music Day takes place across the UK and online, you can be based anywhere in the UK.
What is the time commitment?
Ideally we’re looking for a commitment of at least 2 hours a week in May and June. These are not set hours - you can fit them in to suit your schedule.
Is this a paid role?
No, but any expenses will be reimbursed.
What will I get out of it?
We are limiting this opportunity to a small number of people so that we can work closely with you, bring you into our friendly UK-wide team and support you in your role.
We will also provide individual references for everyone who volunteers with us and signpost them to other opportunities.
What if I decide after the workshop that it’s not for me?
Attending the workshop isn’t a commitment to taking on the role. If you realise it’s not for you, that’s fine. However as the number of volunteer roles we can offer are limited please let us know as soon as possible so that someone else can have the space.
Interested? Sign-up now as places are limited. (Please note: There are two volunteer training workshops - one in the daytime and one in the evening - they are the same training, please just sign-up to one!)