An interactive session exploring what it means to be ‘more than just a music charity’ with practical tips engaging & empowering young people.
Do you run a music group or charity? Do you ever ask yourself...
- How am I supposed to keep up with all the new music our young people are into?
- How can I make our music sessions more accessible for those young people hardest to reach?
- How can music sessions help to build empathy, resilience and critical thinking in our young people?
This session - lead by Jinx Prowse, CEO of Music Fusion, will cover:
- Setting up the space to deliver a music session
- Musical expertise
- Teachable moments
- Working with young people experiencing trauma
- Top Tips
This online and interactive session looks at Music Fusion's ethos and psychology, which underpins their successful programme of delivery for hard to reach young people aged 11-25. Music Fusion specialises in enabling access to music for some the most complex and vulnerable young people in Hampshire. Over the last 10 years they have learnt there is more to inclusive musical making than a room, some instruments and a music leader.
Trigger Warning: this session will address subjects and reference language which some people may find upsetting.