La Folia is a music charity and production company bringing together instrumentalists, singers, actors, dancers, visual artists and writers to create new music, original projects and ground-breaking performances under the artistic directorship of Howard Moody. At the heart of La Folia is the core value of transforming music by making extraordinary performances in unexpected places, breaking through conventional barriers, working with people in challenging circumstances and with artists of the highest quality.
For the past 35 years, La Folia has worked flexibly and responsively, with freelance artists and professionals engaged on an ‘as required’ basis and supported by a dedicated Board of Trustees and Artistic Director. This is an exciting opportunity to play a pivotal role in this innovative, unique charity as it emerges from a period of hibernation during the Covid-19 pandemic.
The Production and Administration Manager (Freelance) will act as a central point of connection for all aspects of the charity and its activities, working closely with the Artistic Director, Board of Trustees, Finance Manager, project artists and freelance professionals. You will be responsible for carrying out all the day-to-day administrative operations of the charity and co-ordinating all project activity.
Fee: £200-£250 per day, depending on experience.
Hours: 4 days per month for 1 year, subject to review after 6 months. Additional project-based hours may be available depending on the programme of activity.
Location: Home‐based, although attendance at meetings and events will be required. La Folia is currently based in Salisbury, but is open to applicants from a wider geographical area.
Please note, this is a freelance role.
Your skills and experience (a passion for communication through music and the arts is a given):
- A successful manager with experience of working within a charity and/or arts organisation
- Ability to develop and maintain strong working relationships with trustees, partners, supporters, sponsors, artists, freelance professionals and volunteers
- Outstanding and persuasive written, oral and interpersonal skills
- IT competent
- Ability to work effectively with varying degrees of support - from working completely under own initiative to working collaboratively with a lot of input
- Willingness to work flexibly and responsively
- Ability to think laterally
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Energy, enthusiasm, imagination and drive
For full details, including job description and person specification, visit https://lafoliamusic.org/job-vacancy-at-la-folia-production-administration-manager-freelance/
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
Application deadline: Tuesday 25 May 2021, 5pm
First interviews: Tuesday 15 June 2021 (to be held on Zoom)
For further information about the role, please contact John Cox, Chair of Trustees: firstname.lastname@example.org