This online course will help you to develop an understanding of person-centred consultation.
About this Event
‘I thoroughly enjoyed the day and the networking opportunity. I will take these ideas back to the workplace and share them with the staff team.’ (Course Participant, 2018)
If it’s for them, work with them! Ensure your projects for young people remain dynamic and relevant, by embedding their voice across your work and the governance of your organisation. Explore effective consultation tools and discover meaningful, creative ways to communicate with young people. Learn to understand the interests, needs and behaviours of your audiences by involving young people in active roles and ongoing dialogue that listens and empowers.
Throughout 2 x 2.5 hour sessions, you will look at consultation models and how they link to best practice with children and young people and the benefits and skills that can be developed as a result.
This course is split over 2 days:
Session 1: Thursday 28th January 1 - 3.30pm
Session 2: Thursday 4th February 1 - 3.30pm
• Individuals or organisations looking to embed the voice of young people in their work or the governance of their organisation
• Those seeking to understand the interests, needs and behaviours of young audiences
• Professionals interested in nurturing the next creative generation, supporting them to develop leadership skills.
You will gain:
• Explore ways in which young people can be given agency and voice.
• Consider how embedding the voice of young people can contribute to your activities, programmes, policy and practice and promote inclusivity in the work that you deliver.
• Explore the different ways you can involve young people.
• Build a toolkit of consultation techniques
• Develop an understanding of how to facilitate discussions considering any accessibility issues.
• Consider the ethics and safeguarding risks.
Full price: £95 per person
Bursary price: £57
We are pleased to offer a limited number of bursary places for this course, priced at £57 per person. Bursary places are available for individuals that meet the below criteria, and are allocated on a first come, first served basis.
• Part-time worker (2 days or less per week)
To take advantage of a bursary place, please select 'Bursary place' at checkout, and select which of the bursary criteria you fulfil when prompted on the booking form. We reserve the right to charge full price if we believe an individual has incorrectly claimed a bursary place.
For advice and information please contact our Professional Development team via email@example.com