This course is for those who wish to develop a strategic approach to safeguarding and are responsible for overseeing safeguarding practice. The course focuses on a whole team approach to embedding safe practice across creative, cultural and heritage sectors.
You will carry out an audit on your organisation and create an action plan that will support best practice around safeguarding in your organisation through the delivery of policy, practice and the sharing of information. You will also explore ways of including young people’s voice to influence your procedures. The course also includes an online safeguarding section, exploring current guidance and best practice for the online environment, helping you to identify and consider the updated risks and how this can impact on your own policy and practice.
This training day will be split over two days:
Tuesday 20th July 10am - 12:30pm
Thursday 22nd July 10am - 12.30pm
- Those who wish to develop a strategic approach to safeguarding within their own organisation e.g senior managers, board members, creative directors
- Those who are currently acting as safeguarding lead or are responsible for overseeing safeguarding in the organisation
- Those who have previously undertaken a child protection course
You will gain:
- Ideas of how to embed a culture of safe practice
- Ways of including and involving young people
- Tools for disseminating policy and best practice
- A safeguarding action plan
- An overview of Designated Safeguarding Officer responsibilities
- Further advice and guidance
Full price: £80 per person
Bursary price: £48
We are pleased to offer a limited number of bursary places for this course, priced at £48 per person.
To book please visit: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/155773461617
For advice and information please contact our Professional Development team via email@example.com
*Read our course terms and conditions here.