Tickets £15/£20. Book at https://nymazsend2017.eventbrite.co.uk
Speakers at this year's Gathering will include:
- Rachel Wolffsohn, from The OHMI Trust: Pioneering innovative musical instruments for those who are physically disabled
- Barry Farrimond, from OpenUp Music: Empowering young disabled musicians to build inclusive youth orchestras
- Ben Sellers: Composing and improvising with iPads for the non-music specialist
- Sarah Mawby, PhD student, University of Leeds: Exploring ‘best practice’ in SEN/D music education
- Parissa Zarifi (musinc): Youth work approach to facilitation; young person led activity with The Big Music Project
The event will be catered with hot drinks and cakes to keep everybody refreshed, so come along and celebrate the exciting and rewarding landscape that is SEN/D Music across North Yorkshire and beyond, whilst sharing in the wisdom of some renowned organisations about their practices.
Feedback from last year's NYMAZ SEND Music Network Gathering included:
- "Great workshops, talks and discussions. I feel it has increased my confidence to work with my students in my classroom"
- "Networking with organisations and schools = really useful to build links between research and practice, and make research more practice-based"
- "Given me new ideas of how to structure sessions"
- "Introduced a wider range of activities/experience available"
You can read more about it here.