Facilitated by Bristol Beacon, the in-person Inclusive Practitioner CPD sessions are designed for musicians to develop their skills in working with young people with disabilities who experience barriers when accessing music education.
Workshops are led by experts in the field of musically inclusive practice and is built around an ethos of reflective practice and person-centred learning.
Sessions are appropriate for classroom teachers, music subject leads, community musicians, music workshop leaders, peripatetic teachers and those thinking of starting out as a music leader/facilitator.
- 15th Jan 2024 - Young People and Their Musical Worlds
- 17th Jan 2024 - Musical Development and Disability
- 6th Feb 2024 - Wellbeing and Boundaries for Practitioners
- 7th Feb 2024 - Behaviour and Communication
- 6th March 2024 - Safeguarding and Music Practice
- 18th March 2024 - Plan a Project
- 2nd April 2024 - Diversity and Inclusion
Limited free places are available for those who experience barriers accessing workshops or education. This can be people who are experiencing financial difficulties or who identify as disabled.