We are delighted to announce that applications for the 2022-23 LEYMN emerging practitioner programme are open! This opportunity is for anyone aged 25 or under who is keen to develop their musical practice with young children.
What does the programme involve?
6 paid sessions in a nursery setting. Sessions are:
- 2.5 hours and will involve shadowing an experienced early years music practitioner, spending time observing and playing musically with children in the setting, taking part in reflection discussions with the early years music practitioner and setting’s early years teacher.
- in the London Borough of Brent
- paid at £60 each
- weekly or fortnightly
- part of Creative Futures programme ‘Sound Communities’ (https://www.creativefuturesuk.com/sound-communities)
4 coaching/mentoring meetings:
- 4 x 1 hour-long meetings with an experienced early years music practitioner to reflect on and discuss your observations from the sessions and how these can inform your own practice and work.
4 CPD sessions:
- 4 CPD sessions with the wider Sound Communities network
The core programme will run Jan – March 2023.
Who should apply?
This programme is open to those aged 25 and under. We have two places available for individuals looking to widen their skills, knowledge and experience in early years music.
If you want to work in the fascinating and thought-provoking world of music-making with very young children, then this opportunity is for you.
You will need to hold a current DBS or be willing to arrange one.
Find out more and apply here>
The deadline for applications is 5pm on Friday 18th November 2022.
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org