ArtReach has a 20-year track record of supporting arts organisations with evaluation, strategic planning and fundraising. Bringing together its wealth of experience in the sector, ArtReach has launched a new training programme, which kicks off with an introductory course - 'Preparing for Evaluation'.
Led by our consultancy team, this workshop will introduce you to a range of approaches and tools to help you prepare your evaluation and explore the right methodology for you. The workshop will be interactive, encourage discussion and include step-by-step practical activities to take you through the process.
Lunch and refreshments will be provided.
The training will help you to:
- Create suitable goals for your project, which are realistic to measure and yet drive ambition
- Think about the outcomes or changes you wish to achieve through your project including tools and techniques to help you focus.
- Understand different approaches and frameworks used to design an evaluation such as planning triangles, logic modelling and an outcomes chain.
- Map out an evaluation framework including goals, outcomes and outputs in practical group exercises.
- Be aware of common pitfalls experienced by organisations so the process to prepare for evaluation is a positive experience for you and your team.
Who should attend?
This is an introductory session for those with little or no experience in evaluating projects. It is relevant for community and voluntary sector organisations are new to thinking about evaluation and are looking for guidance on how and where to start.
The training is delivered by Lynn Simmonds, Arts and Heritage Consultant and Gary Cicinskas, Marketing Manager, who are experts in evaluating a range of creative projects and events in organisations of all shapes and sizes .