*This course takes place across 6 dates from 10am-4:15pm on 27th & 28th February, 26th & 27th March, 31st April & 1st May 2019
“I gained great insight – I felt it was in-depth and inspirational. A very enjoyable and informative course!”
- Lisa Simmons, previous course participant
Designed for people working in the arts and cultural sector wanting to manage projects for young people, our six-day course will leave you fully equipped and inspired to successfully deliver your very own youth arts projects.
Exploring the philosophy and principles of youth arts, you will develop strategies and gain the skills needed to devise a youth arts project, with, for and by young people. We will take you through from the initial ideas and planning stages, through to using professional artists, funding, marketing and evaluation.
- You want an in-depth, informative introduction to developing and running your own youth arts projects.
You will gain:
- The knowledge to plan and produce effective strategies
- Time to focus, explore and develop your thinking
- Tips on how to cost work and plan budgets
- Understanding on funding, from the Arts Council to the local shop
- Advice on how to use your resources wisely
- Familiarity with the principles and practice of equal opportunities
- Development through peer discussions with a close group of like-mind professionals
- Exploration around the intrinsic and extrinsic value of youth arts activity
- Real world learning
- Marketing and publicity know-how
- The art of creative evaluation: planning, delivery and development of future practice